MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments are disappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running a forum using 1.6.10, and very recently some weird stuff has been happening...

After a picture gets uploaded, it would disappear a few days later. I read on this site that tapatalk could be to blame, however this was happening to PC users and uploaded images also. I updated tapatalk to 3.4.2 today just in case.

Also, earlier today, one member went to attach an image through tapatalk off his phone, and it added 6 other images from a different (and hidden) forum section Angry. I checked his post and all the files were attached. It actually did this twice.

Where are the attachments hidden on the server side? I know its forum/uploads but I only see SOME of the pictures, not ALL. They have to be hiding somewhere else.

For now I had to disable attachments for members so this doesn't keep happening. I'd like to re-enable it once I can verify that its fixed. Any ideas on why pictures disappear and sometimes pop up in unrelated threads/posts/sections?
most probably earlier version of TapaTalk was causing the issue and you can enable attachments as you have upgraded TapaTalk.
may be missing attachments should be attached again (by editing the posts) as they are not appearing at server side.
This issue has occurred before and was due to TapaTalk. I suggest you contact them about their issues.
Check your database in attachments and see if the hash number is generated for the attachments in question. This happened to me WAY before I used tapatalk and randomly.. what happened was people uploaded files that didn't have a hash generated in the database for those attachments... so those attachments when ring around the rosie in the forum to random user posts that had nothing to do with the attachments... was quite amusing.. but generating a fresh hash for all the attachments fixed it.