MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postbit problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my name is Cyrus and I'm having a few problems with the postbits on the forums.

1. If one's title is too long, it will hide behind the post
2. If one has a signature image, and the message is too long, text will dissappear behind the image, making it unreadable.
3. I want to change this:
[Image: Soqvrps.png]
to this:
[Image: H7OH4Fm.jpg]
but i don't know how to do that, I've googled for hours but couldn't find a single thing that worked.

Here's some info if you'd be willing to help me out:

- Forum URL: http://lagunagaming.com/
- The postbit template
Quote:{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; max-width:250px; min-width:250px;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
<span class="smalltext">
{$post['usertitle']}<br />
{$post['userstars']}
{$post['groupimage']}
{$post['useravatar']}<br />
{$post['user_details']}
</span>
</td>
<td class="{$altbg} postbit_classic_content" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
<br />
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow2">{$post['ratemf']}</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr valign="bottom">
<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_ban']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

- If there's anything else you need, I'll gladly tell you
1. For the title:
That happens because your CSS for the container probably has overflow: hidden.
My best suggestion is find a font size that allows all test to show for the maximum amount of characters you will allow for that section. Then give that section it's own class and apply the needed smaller font size to it.

2. That is weird... it's as if your posts are styled improperly to cause your sigs to draw up and cover your post content... that's a coding issue with the theme.

3. Wrap the bottom elements (the contact me on steam area and those upper postbit icons) in their own container that is rendered after your post message. There's a few ways you could go about this. Just play around with it a little bit.
i couldn't find anything to fix it, neither could i find something for wrapping.

thanks for your suggestions anyway
I should be able to do that for you. I'll drop you a message on your forums.