MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion for a front page on mybb.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be cool to see a page for "sites using mybb". It could have a list of the many great sites using the software. I think it may help those considering using mybb. Users could submit sites to be listed and approved. IMHO criteria should be at least 100 members or 1000 posts and a custom skin.

Just an idea.
It is an interesting idea, but in my opinion IMHO criteria should be at least 1000 members and 10000 posts.
Just like what vBulletin has on their homepage. It sounds pretty good. Smile
Coder Wrote:It is an interesting idea, but in my opinion IMHO criteria should be at least 1000 members and 10000 posts.

O well.. what about the little -but pretty much used- forums? Sad Toungue
Yeah, a 1000 member requirement is a bit too steep IMO! There are plenty of nice well laid out and popular forums with much less membership!
judel Wrote:Yeah, a 1000 member requirement is a bit too steep IMO! There are plenty of nice well laid out and popular forums with much less membership!

They're not really popular if they don't have 1000 members or more >.>
A random MyBB forum page also would be nice.. Toungue
Rather then having this I would like to see the top referrers to the MyBB page instead.
I think 1000 members is a bit too high. I think an either/or is nice though with 10k posts. I know my democracyforums.com is rather popular for a mybb site but it only has 400+ members yet 25k posts.

Also my idea is to have a link to a page listing mybb example sites...not neccessarily have them all listed on the front page. It would just be nice to see all the bigger mybb sites. Currently there are none on big-boards.

I just registered mybbdirectory.com so I may just start one on my own for other mybb owners to list their sites.

Thanks for the input though and I still hope this gets implemented.