MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Normal Menu to CSS menu or any other script available on the net ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
1) I want to know how can i change the menu with a css or flash or with anoher javascript.

2) and when i am trying to add some JavaScript its showing all javascripts are just stop their working.

()noconflict does not work here. or did i placed it on wrong area?
dont know.
I want to add fancybox on my forum. So if i add some picture with same ref name its automatically shows as a galary. Please help me.

For site details please send me a pm.
Thanks.
see http://community.mybb.com/thread-82696.html and you can PM me with the details
Its uses default javascript. Bu i want to use and extra javascript . And change the memu bellow the logo. I am working on it.
javascript conflict with current MyBB can be beast.. usually my issues point to prototype and other libraries I use that use Jquery.. for whatever reason they conflict sometimes.
For your menu I suggest pure CSS and no js.
There's many many many free example via Google search.
There's also great payed ones on codecanyon

If you really want to button down the hatches and sink your teeth into fun / hard work then look for a CSS framework with a built in menu you like and other features and convert the default mybb template to utilize it (be warned, this is a lot of work but.. worth it).
Anyhow find an fancybox alternative if you are willing as you may be able to find a compatible library if you're willing to compromise.
1) Check this, it's easy and efficient. http://community.mybb.com/thread-119435-...#pid862849
2) Load jQuery library only 1 time in headerinclude, I suggest to do it after loading Prototype scripts, so after
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1600"></script>
Then after loading jQuery add
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery.noConflict();
</script>

Place all your jQuery scripts after this with changed $ to jQuery.
That shouldn't cause any conflict.