MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: line break issue IE7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
sorry if this has come up before but post titles can make it hard to tell

in my testing i have noticed that if i type a post and create a double space (effectively 2 line breaks) it does not show in IE7. In FF it is fine. See examples below.

in firefox exactly how it was typed and intended.

[Image: lines_ff.gif]

in IE7 no double spacing

[Image: lines_ie.gif]
seems to be fine in this board.

My board is running with a database converted from phpbb. I wonder if that has anything to do with it ?
you can try it it's just a test board so you can post anything

www.forum.nacoya.co.uk

user: testuser
pass: testuser

** Addition by Dale Hay : Those login details don't work **
Ok. Your right. Except this problem is with your forum only. I'm thinking it has something to do with your css? perhaps something with the .clear css?
ok so what should i do, or do you want into the admin to check anything. The board is only for testing and getting the theme sorted etc so i have no problem with you looking behind the scenes. Only if you wish to or have time to.
btw the .clear reads

.clear {
	clear: both;
}
talisman what is in your "Body (Customized in this style)" field ??
I did some more testing and it looks like IE7 isn't parsing <br />'s that are on a line by themselves. It simply just ignores them.
I've just checked in IE6 (as IE7 is a bag of you-know-what) and yeah it's the same too it's not parsing the br tags, yet in Firefox it is. Smile
Pages: 1 2