MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How would you Multi-platform in a single Directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Curious, i've read that some have claimed to have done something similair..
But how would you go about putting multiple platforms into a single directory (eg all in site root) such as MyBB, Wordpress, phpsugar?
I thought about it and apart from maybe needing to rename a couple of files and slightly altering core code for renames, the .htacces query string codes I think may conflict... what do you think? anyone tried this before? Did it work?
It's possible but as more projects move to MVC keeping the structure from conflicting is only to get harder and more time consuming. I don't really see an advantage to it either when you could just /blog/, /forum/, /video/ directories and have the blog for example be the default through .htaccess and rewrites if you don't even want the /blog/ to appear.
Why... would you want to? What advantage do you gain from it?
Alex brings up a good point about the .htaccess rewrites to hide the fact that they are in sub directories... I guess that's the best way to go about doing what I want to do... which is create an illusion that everything is in the same place.. which is right on the domain. But then that only would work when in the directories and not from site root.. and links would not work externally as sub folder .htaccess rules do not translate backward to the root. See what I'm trying to say?

what I gain from this is a presentation of cohesion. It's geek thing.. not needed but I want it.