MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb should have these features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. mybb should have setting that can install plugins automatically like wordpress.
2. please update new smiles. (with sharp graphics).
3. change the look more impressive like Vbulletin beta 5 .
4. their should be a setting in signatures that how many external link you want to allow member in signatures.
5. make a widgets option to add new things in sidebar without plugin.
6. quick reply without page refresh and with WYSIWYG editor too...
7. add some built-in features like "Yoast Wordpress SEO " has in wordpress. and can prefer to woo canvas theme in wordpress...
8. add new page feature is must for this.
9. their should be a option that can update Favicon from ACP.
10. SEO friendly URL is must in-built not like this (www.domain.com/thread) it would be nice if we have like this (www.domain.com/forum/thread). i don't recommend to use Google SEO. because some peoples can't understand properly how to use this.

i hope you some of these features and i would like to get reply from you not just want lot's of thread views. please at-least some replies...

one more thing...
assign time to user for editing own thread, for example user can edit their own thread only for 30 minute after or time assign by admin...
MyBB already features a 'Edit Time Limit' feature. It is disabled by default but you can't assign it per group (although administrators are exempt).

2. We'll probably get new smilies for 2.0.
3. vB5 is anything but impressive.
4. More suited for a plugin IMO although we already do this with images.
5. I'm not sure MyBB 2.0 will feature a portal.
6. You can already do quick reply with page reload; a WYS editor only adds to page load times for a simple reply back. More suited for community software?
8. MyBB is forum software not a CMS.
9. Replace favicon.ico in your root directory. This should not be a setting.
10. Friendly URLs will likely change although their structure isn't decided.
I agree with look thing. Mybb's default look isn't really good and most of the free themes are not compatible with new mybb version.

Personally i am a minimalist fan, and sadly mybb doesn't have many minimal themes.
If you look at fluxbb,punbb,vanilla forums default theme, you will find mybb's default theme pretty outdated and boring.

^ I hope some designer will read this comment and make a good minimal theme.
In MyBBs defence on those default themes they also minimal features wise.
(2013-05-11, 06:07 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]In MyBBs defence on those default themes they also minimal features wise.

So now mybb needs defence Big Grin.

and yes they have minimal features because they were designed in that way.
Simple,fast and clean forum software with basic features. They are serving their purpose.

Mybb 2.0 should be clean, sleek and default theme should have less images for faster loading.
I wasn't arguing about the theme just saying with less features there are the less things you need to fit into a theme.
Quote: I agree with look thing. Mybb's default look isn't really good and most of the free themes are not compatible with new mybb version.

Care to share the how that's an issue? There's been very little changes theme wise in the last 5 or so years. If you're installing a theme which was designed for MyBB 1.4 all you have to do is add some CSS and run the updated templates check. You should be checking for template changes after every upgrade so that shouldn't be an issue for anyone.
(2013-05-11, 10:14 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I agree with look thing. Mybb's default look isn't really good and most of the free themes are not compatible with new mybb version.

Care to share the how that's an issue? There's been very little changes theme wise in the last 5 or so years. If you're installing a theme which was designed for MyBB 1.4 all you have to do is add some CSS and run the updated templates check. You should be checking for template changes after every upgrade so that shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

Yes it can be solved but isn't it's good to provide a nice default theme and not every one knows how to do css or template change, those people will either hire someone or end up using some other alternative due to looks.

If forum looks boring no one will do registration.
Quote:Yes it can be solved but isn't it's good to provide a nice default theme and not every one knows how to do css or template change, those people will either hire someone or end up using some other alternative due to looks.

If they're not able to copy and paste a few lines of CSS or click a few buttons then running a forum probably isn't for them.

The default theme is a base for designers to work off of. Very few MyBB forums actually use the default theme. It serves its purpose and that's what matters.
(2013-05-12, 07:13 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Yes it can be solved but isn't it's good to provide a nice default theme and not every one knows how to do css or template change, those people will either hire someone or end up using some other alternative due to looks.

If they're not able to copy and paste a few lines of CSS or click a few buttons then running a forum probably isn't for them.

The default theme is a base for designers to work off of. Very few MyBB forums actually use the default theme. It serves its purpose and that's what matters.

Agree with you but you are still not getting me..
I'm just saying better new default theme = better outcome. I don't know how 2.0's theme will look like but i was just giving a suggestion. I have seen 1.8's theme and it wasn't good.

Anyways i'm out from this discussion.
Pages: 1 2 3