MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am new to MyBB and have few queries -

1) How do I change the Registration Agreement a User agrees to when he joins the forum?
2) How can I make sure that only someone invited by an existing member joins the forum?
3) Can each user have a page that only he can edit, but all others can see. This will be filled in when one joins the forum, but would need modifications as time goes by.
Thanks in advance,
ajith
1)
(2011-05-26, 03:37 AM)Grime Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP > Configuration Tab > Languages > Controls > "Edit Language Variables" > scroll down until you find "member.lang.php" then click "Edit" beside it. Next, scroll down until you find the text "agreement_1, agreement_2, agreement_3", from there you can edit the registration agreement.

Copied from another thread ^.
2) http://mods.mybb.com/view/invitation-system
3) Would require a custom plugin, which I will make for you because I'm bored.

EDIT: #3 is now attached.
Hello Stefan,
Thanks for the quick reply. Will do what you have suggested and get back.
Thanks in advance for the plugin you are going to make.
ajith
The plugin is attached to my previous post.
Hello,
Thanks for the plugin. However, it causes an error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-12.1\www\admin\index.php 349 errorHandler->error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'bbname']} - {$lang->profile} {$headerinclude} {$header} <' at line 3
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_templates (title,template,sid,version,status,dateline) VALUES ('member_personalpage',' {$headerinclude} {$header} Personal Page for {$memprofile['username']}
{$field}

{$footer} ','-1','1610','','1368354371')

Hope you can help once again,
ajith
^ you can use Userpages for MyBB plugin
Hi .m.,
I think UserPages is what Stefan suggested. However, as I pointed out, it is generating an error.
Thanks
ajith
^ Stefan made the plugin which he attached in post #2. I am yet to check its working.
I am suggesting a different plugin (Userpages for MyBB) available at the Mods section
Hi .m.,
I was wrong - What you suggested was a different plugin. I will try and let you know.
ajith

Hello,
I installed it. There is a problem - The Plugin page doesn't show its name. Though for all other plugins, the name and version and author is shown, for this plugin it shows only " (1.3)

Created by euantor / Codicious" . There was no error messages shown. I do not know if it is because of this that no configuration settings are visible.
ajith

Hii,

The name problem is solved. It was because I did not keep one language.php file in the right directory. Still, I am looking for the configurtaion page.
ajith

Hi,
Deactivating the plugin and then activating it has made the configuration page visible.
Thanks,
ajith
^ Userpages Settings available at admin panel >> configuration >> settings

each member group has permissions setting
admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> click on a group (edit a group) >> Users and Permissions >> Userpage Permissions

user control panel consists of Modify Userpage link and user profile has the link for the user page

Edit: userpages plugin release thread link