MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does the 1.6.10 upgrade from 1.6.9 account for changed Admin dir?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm noticing some very weird things happening in my forums since I upgraded to 1.6.10. Mainly Default template went screwy out of no where and compare difference no longer works.

Anyhow when running File Verification every main admin cp file in my changed admin dir gives a red flag including inc/functions.php and inc/functions_post.php...

So is this because the installer assumes admin cp in admin/ ?? or does it read the admin dir php setting and run accordingly?
You are responsible for maintaining your relocated admin directory during upgrades. Do this by renaming the admin directory in the setup package before you FTP the files.

I forgot to copy admin files for one of my localhost test forums and when I realized it I just updated the files and all the problems went away.
You know.. I didn't even think to rename the dir in the actual installation archive... hopefully I remember that for next update. Anyhow I manually updated the files and it did the trick. I forgot I had to do that for the last 2 previous updates as well. Problem solved. Thanks for the refresher.

Edit:
Did someone take away my mark as best answer privilege? Cuz every single thread where I can see I should be able to make a post green after solved just doesn't turn green after I click it. This has been going on for over 3 months.. huh.. oh well.