MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error When I Try And Install Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep receiving this error message even though I followed the instillation instructions exactly. It won’t let me access the install file and instead says that my forum isn’t installed/configured and therefore can’t be browsed (this is fairly obvious but it won’t allow me to proceed with the installation.)

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (41)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

I have successfully installed Mybb before on another site following the same methods so I’m not really sure what the issue is here. It’s basically not letting me install/configure it and then saying that since it’s not installed and configured it can’t be used.
Can you try to go on www.yourforum.com/install (be sure your forum is not in subdirectory etc) to see what will happen?
(2013-05-14, 02:15 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try to go on www.yourforum.com/install (be sure your forum is not in subdirectory etc) to see what will happen?

I tried that a few times unsuccessfully (site was unable to locate it) but on the latest attempt it finally worked. Problem solved I guess.
Could be your host? Seems like a host problem.