MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator can't move threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hi guys,

My recently new moderator is unable to move/copy threads? He does not see the moderator options ( under the topic) while I did add him as moderator..?

Please help, Thanks
Perhaps he isn't a moderator of the section that he is trying to move or copy threads. Did you add him to the "Super Moderator" or "Moderator" group? If "Moderator", you have to make sure to add him as moderator of the section/s that you want him to moderate.

MikeInToshx

Ah I see, I have him added as Moderator.
I tested something and i can just put him the super administrator group but be shown as just moderator. Will this be a good option? Or can a super moderator do way more than a normal moderator? I got lots of forums I think its a lot of work so he can moderate all forums just as a normal moderator?
You should put him in the Super Moderator group but not give access to the ACP.

MikeInToshx

Okay I'll put him in the super mod group, how do I make sure he doesn't have acces to the ACP?
^ by default, super moderator group members do not have access to admin control panel

MikeInToshx

Aaah, okay thanks!
admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> click on a group to edit >> General >> Moderation/Administration Options >> see available options

Yes, users of this group are super moderators
Yes, users of this group can access the moderator CP
Yes, users of this group can access the admin CP