MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to hide forums from members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have created a Staff forum, I setted the permissions so only Moderators and Supermoderators can view it, Banned, Registered and so aren´t able to see it. However the forum still appear at the forum index and even guest can see it (although they can´t see the posts inside they are still able to view the forum and the last post on the index).

How can I make the forum invisible to those users?

Regards.
Just change the permissions in the ACP to guests can't see it. [wiki]Admin_CP_Forum_Management#Permissions[/wiki]
Hello,

Can you tell me how to do it? I checked that page and then edited the permissions...I´ve edited manually that "banned Users, guests, registered and awaiting activation" can´t view the forum...but when I went to my forum index ans logged out, I (as a guest) am still able to see that forum (although I can´t read the posts in it).

Thanks.
Go to your ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Forum Home Options -> Hide Private Forums? -> Change to *yes*
So that´s what I needed.

Thanks, that did the trick.