MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Google Plus Design.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has any one checked out the new G+ design? What do you think?

Personally, I really like it. It looks a lot better, and is way more flexible. And all of the new features they've added are pretty cool aswell.
Looks great imo.
Can you screenshot it please? Angel
(2013-05-16, 02:31 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you screenshot it please? Angel
If you wonder, it looks kinda like facebook's timeline design.

Its good oportunity to mention here that there are somewhere on mybb forum, other thread about 'if FB will die'.
Im not taking part of discussion there but everytime i read it i think to myself
'Google+ will replace FB over time, because it have allready everything that FB have,
and it have far more to offer than FB will ever can, comparing to what google posses and may offer.
At the end no matter what, internet is not yahoo, msn, FB, twitter nor whatever. Its more and more google.
I don't like it. Multi-column layouts are only good, IMO, for image content. I get that Google+ wants to heavily focus on photos but that isn't all there is. Also, there is an incredibly obnoxious amount of animations.
This is now the main stream Jessie

(2013-05-16, 02:51 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Also, there is an incredibly obnoxious amount of animations.

They need to do what they did for mobile browsers, make it so animated images aren't animated unless you click on them. It'd be so much nicer.

Otherwise I love the multi column layout, it makes it easier to see everything that's going on, IMO.
(2013-05-16, 02:51 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like it. Multi-column layouts are only good, IMO, for image content
On right side of top menu there is 'submenu' with option to change to 1 column layout,
and i believe there are many ways to customise everything (eg. in options).
(2013-05-16, 02:54 AM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-16, 02:51 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like it. Multi-column layouts are only good, IMO, for image content
On right side of top menu there is 'submenu' with option to change to 1 column layout.

Actually, I don't like the way they did this. The one column option is ugly as hell, there's too much space on either side. They should have an option for multi column, and original style.
I still think it's too bulky and generic. I thought they would have done gave up by now. G+ is a failure.
(2013-05-16, 02:56 AM)Geret Wrote: [ -> ]I still think it's too bulky and generic. I thought they would have done gave up by now. G+ is a failure.

...... In what sense is g+ a failure?
Pages: 1 2 3