MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am so dissapointed with this mybb issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is mybb always having sql error "Too Many Connections"? Am really tired of this. Any solution? If none, am leaving mybb for good.
I've used many web scripts like smf, john cms, pbnl but its only on mybb am experiencing this.
You should be disappointed in your host, not in MyBB. Because that is not MyBB related error. Contact your host about it.
If you were to actually do some research before blaming the software you'd realize this is an issue with the database server.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/...tions.html
(2013-05-16, 03:19 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you were to actually do some research before blaming the software you'd realize this is an issue with the database server.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/...tions.html

Quote:The number of connections permitted is controlled by the max_connections system variable.The default value is 151 to improve performance when MySQL is used with the Apache Web server. (Previously, the default was 100.) If you need to support more connections, you should set a larger value for this variable.

How can i set a larger value for the variable?
Are you using shared hosting or a VPS/Dedi?
How can i stop this too many connection sql error

(2013-05-16, 03:54 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using shared hosting or a VPS/Dedi?

Am using shared hosting.
If you state if you're with a shared hosting company, or your own VPS/Dedi, I will be able to give you further guidance.
You need to contact your webhost. It's not a MyBB issue.
(2013-05-16, 04:00 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]If you state if you're with a shared hosting company, or your own VPS/Dedi, I will be able to give you further guidance.

am using a free host from cuccfree.net
Free hosts are meant to me like that. Every PHP web application will give you that very same error if your host itself does not support more than a certain amount of database connections.
Pages: 1 2