MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry I make so many threads in this section, but I need help again. Toungue I have uploaded all the files and CHMODed the 2 files but I don't know the URL to go to to install it. Where can I find the URL?
And then this comes up when I try that...

Not Found
The requested URL /trikip/forum/install was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Did you upload the whole Zip file or just the upload folder? All i did was upload the upload folder, then renamed it to MyBB then ran:

localhost/mybb/install/install.php (localhost being your sites URL)

Try that, hope this helps Smile.
I just uploadedthe upload folder, and I will try that URL. And oh yeah I just didn't rename it to MyBB. It is still called upload. Should I change it to MyBB?
Whatever you think is best really depending on your site, i mostly call mine boards or forums.
*sigh* It didn't work... I have another idea though, hold on.
Ok, my idea worked! But it asks for the Database host. what's that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I left it blank.
Should be localhost i think.
Sorry for the triple post but it said I successfully installed myBB but when I try to go to it, it just says "Index Of..." or something like that... Should I reset config.php back to 755 or whatever number like it said in the tutorial in the docs folder?

EDIT: Nevermind WORKED!!!!

EDIT 2: GRR!!! The links aren't working!!! Maybe it's because someone who's being hosted by a free host is hosting me...yup that's the problem GRR!! I'll have to get some hosting elsewhere... Sad
Pages: 1 2