MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb + Wordpress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am looking to create a wordpress an dmybb bridge.

Would anybody be interested in a plugin like this?
I think a lot of folks would be interested. I have looked into myself several times but I never really got very far
http://portal.bf4brasil.com.br/
http://forum.bf4brasil.com.br/

I use an old plugin to show the latest threads.
^ @dthiago, OP of this thread and many others are interested in single sign on system for MyBB & wordpress.

there used to be a bridge for single sign on from mybbcommunity.com. it no longer exists. (some info)
however, a forum might consist of thousands of members. do we need all of them as writers for wordpress ?
(2013-05-18, 01:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ @dthiago, OP of this thread and many others are interested in single sign on system for MyBB & wordpress.

there used to be a bridge for single sign on from mybbcommunity.com. it no longer exists. (some info)
however, a forum might consist of thousands of members. do we need all of them as writers for wordpress ?

i would be.
Subscribers in order to make comments, yes. Absolutely... but writers.. no for most applications. Maybe a few communities would want users to be able to write even though most of the writing would probably be atrocious. lol. ;D

But yes Hundreds of Web Masters want a true MyBB + Wordpress single sign on bridge solution.
With Facebook SDK connect and Twitter connect for good measure.

Why no one has release anything publicly that works is beyond me... there's many smart developers out there that can do this.... so there must be a lack of incentive.. maybe it's due to the fact that we use MyBB and Wordpress.... that maybe most of us user types are cheap arses? ??? hmmm ??? dunno lol
(2013-05-18, 01:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]however, a forum might consist of thousands of members. do we need all of them as writers for wordpress ?
May be limit to Mods, Supermods, Admin and custom users or even more flexible system you define user guid for allowed writers!

BTW I have written a piece that integrates with my Yii site.
If it happens to work as I plan I will release it to public. If I knew how Wordpress login works (I have no really time to read and learn for now) I could have attempted. But my blog is home baked!