MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is a changelog? 1.6.10 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

What is a changelog? The upgrade instructions suggest making a a change log before upgrading from 1.6.9.

This is my first upgrade.

Regards,
- Rich -
Quote:Before performing any upgrade please remember to backup your forum’s files and database and store them safely.
If you have edited core files, including language files, please make sure you make a changelog for these changes
so you can make them again (if necessary) once the upgrade is complete.

if you have edited core files then make a note of those changes so that you can modify the files after the upgrade.
Right on. I thought I might be dealing with a log file.

Rock on,
- Rich -
Is there any simple way to make a change log? Or where can I find a list of what the core files are? I know that I've made some changes, but I'm not sure what and where.
^ run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section and make note of changed php & js files.

you can get original files from MyBB source files package. open original file and changed file in a text editor
(eg. notepad++) or a files comparing utility (eg. winmerge) and compare to find out changed code.
Right on,

Just saw this. I'll checkout winmerge.

Thanks
- Rich -