MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail to any Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I would like to know if there is a way to par it gets an e-mail automatically to all registered users in the forum, or reply to any thread inserted by any user.
I tried to install the plugin Automatic Subscriptions but does not seem to show signs of life (despite having installed and configured on each procedure in the help file).
Does anyone know how could I do?
Thank you very much in advance. I apologize for the English google translator.
Automatic Subscriptions plugin adds a new option in user control panel so that user can opt for the subscriptions.
okay.
so what can I do to send an email to all members of the forum whenever there is a new thread?
^ see this tutorial. however I do not suggest to implement such automatic subscriptions enforced for
all the members as it might jam your mail server and it could be heavy the database resources.

MyBB forums have rss feeds (eg.) and it could be effectively used by interested members.
Thank you for your help. This guide sets to true instant_email_subscribe but how do I subscribe to all users in all forums.
ps: mine is a private portal with a small group of students.
^ you have to run given SQL queries in that tutorial (depending on your requirement)
in this tutorial there are only 2 SQL queries
Quote:For all users, including your initial Admin account:
UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod = '2' WHERE subscriptionmethod != '2';
For all users except the initial Admin account:
UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod = '2' WHERE uid != 1 AND subscriptionmethod != '2';
These 2 queries only serve to modify the "subscriptionmethod."
But I do not see any other queries to subscribe all users in all forums.