MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost my Admin privileges on my own board.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a moderator delete the entire forum staff except himself and change his privileges to Administrator. Got in due to a failed login attempt when I moved the forum files on the FTP account which gave me his password.

By mistake, merged my account with... my account... thinking a duplicate account existed. Now I've lost admin privileges.

How can I get them back?
go back and edit the config.php file in inc/config.php.

where in the last line of the file edit the super administrator id and log in with the id.
vinoth, that isn't going to do anything if he doesn't even have ACP access to begin with.. besides, he might not even be using 1.2.x.

First of all, what version are using? Does your user have the Admin group as primary still? Are you able to get into the ACP, but not able to doing anything(i.e. access denied messages)?
The username doesn't seem to even exist anymore. I can't login with it.
Well.. If you have a backup of your database, you should be able to restore your account. If you don't have one or that's to complicated for you to attempt, you can register a account and modify your usergroup and admin permissions via something like PHPMyAdmin.