MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: essentials for hosting MYBB1.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends , i would like to my forum (using mybb1.2.1) on Internet .Could any one suggesst
what are the essential things to verified in a webhosting company.
As long as my obeservation.
the hosting company should provide
1. mysql database
2. webserver(apache)
3. gd(for captcha)
could any one tell what are other things and how to choose best webhosterfor our mybb hosting. iam from India.
A webserver preferablly Apache , PHP , and mysql. nothing more required.
vinoth Wrote:A webserver preferablly Apache , PHP , and mysql. nothing more required.
thank you verymuch , for wonderful quick reply. i have a problem on registration page captacha is not displayed. i have not installed gd. whether this also continued in the web host provider .

2. how to caluculate the webspace required for mybb forum with 300 users ?, whether we can limit the attachment size of file like yahoo and gmail providers do.
srinu Wrote:thank you verymuch , for wonderful quick reply. i have a problem on registration page captacha is not displayed. i have not installed gd. whether this also continued in the web host provider.
You need the gd library to be installed if you want to use the captchas. You can turn them off in your admin-cp if you do not need them.
srinu Wrote:2. how to caluculate the webspace required for mybb forum with 300 users ?, whether we can limit the attachment size of file like yahoo and gmail providers do.
It's very hard to calculate the webspace for the future. It depends on the numer of users, number of posts, number of avatars, number and size of attachments,...You can limit the attachment size for every file type in your admin-cp and you can set a limit for every user of a usergroup.
regarding PHP and MySQL, what version numbers at least ?
[Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

As Michael said, GD for captchas.
ok, thanx
deufrai Wrote:regarding PHP and MySQL, what version numbers at least ?

Program Statistics
MyBB version: 1.2.1 PHP version: 5.0.2
DB version: MySQL 4.0.21 ;
apache :2.0.52;
srinu Wrote:
deufrai Wrote:regarding PHP and MySQL, what version numbers at least ?

Program Statistics
MyBB version: 1.2.1 PHP version: 5.0.2
DB version: MySQL 4.0.21 ;
apache :2.0.52;

Those should work fine.