MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a possibility to edit the advance box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay well i have the advance sidebox installed. Now my question is can i make like a lattest thread scroll up? or down? If so is it a custom code? or what. Please and thanks!
I'm not certain I am following you, but if you are asking if the latest threads sidebox table can be a fixed height and just allow the user to scroll to see the rest then the answer is not without editing the source files.

If you altered the templates for inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/modules/latest_threads.php and added style information to the latest_threads main table then it would work that way-- also, I *think* we wound up giving each sidebox a unique class so you could view source and then apply some CSS to the latest threads side box's class to accomplish that.

On an aside, why would you want to make people scroll? Why not just list less threads (by changing the setting in ACP)??
No i mean like a marque it. Marque would scroll up instead of like having to see a large list.

This would be an example:

http://prntscr.com/15ptci
http://prntscr.com/15ptdr

Notice how it goes up? I wanted too know if you could like add a code into it to marque it.

Idk php well as i don't have somewhere to test. But i do know html css and some js if thats needed.

Thanks again for replying Smile
Well I can tell enough about what you are asking for to answer definitively that it is both possible and never going to be part of the plugin as a core feature.

If you want to turn the contents of the latest threads table into a marquee then you would need to recod the templates to a stack of divs or something and let the marquee scroll that . . .

I have to admit that I think it is a horrible idea, though-- the whole reason to have latest threads is so the latest threads are the top-- by scrolling them you would be forcing the users to wait for it-- people don't want to wait, they want to be in control.

Just my two cents.
Im not saying its bad or anything its just I'd find it usefull as otherwise there is too many posts on the side..

well ill uh look into that though.. Thanks again for the reply really appreciate it Smile
(2013-05-20, 07:57 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]there is too many posts on the side..

You can alter how many latest threads are shown easily in ACP.