MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how long does cache last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to know how long the system holds cache before it expires and needs to be updated or readded?
I am not expert but since you have received no answer at all it can't hurt for me to tell you what I think I know about it :p

In the ACP you can choose how each forum's cache is handled, where it is stored (db, file, etc) so I guess there are factors, but in my case (no memcache, db storage) it lives pretty much forever I think.

Just looking at the cache's class code, it looks like if the cache load fails then it justs retrieves the data from the chosen storage medium (db in my case) and stores the retrieved info back in the cache.

Perhaps if I have lead you wrong someone will come along and straighten us out Smile
There is no cache expiry mechanism that I know of. Obviously, data stored in APC/Memcached/eAccelerator would expire on shutdown/restart of their respective services. For the database cache store though, it's usually kept until it's changed.