MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.9 to 1.6.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry to ask a silly question, but I need some hand-holding here....

I'm getting ready to upgrade from 1.6.9 to 1.6.10, and I was going according to this blog post, that says:
Quote:If you’re using MyBB 1.6.9
Download and use the Changed Files Package

Okay.

But then the next blog post says:
Quote:If you are using or looking to upgrade to MyBB 1.6.10 it is imperative you use this version of the Merge System.

So I confused myself. What do I use?
merge system is not for upgrading MyBB. you have to use changed files package or complete files package to upgrade.
You need the MyBB 1.6.10 changed files package, the merge system isn't needed to upgrade.
Thanks! I upgraded, and it seemed to work, but now I'm having trouble (can't login, logout, register, etc). What would happen if I went through the whole process again? I specifically wonder what if I run the install again?
^ there should be no need to run the upgrading process again. change the theme to MyBB's default theme and check.

you also have to check for the updated templates and manually update the templates with modified code.
admin panel >> templates >> Find Updated Templates (tab)
(2013-05-20, 04:48 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you also have to check for the updated templates and manually update the templates with modified code.
admin panel >> templates >> Find Updated Templates (tab)

My templates look fine, and when I looked for Updated Templates, it didn't find any. So, would that indicated that I didn't install right? It says that I'm running 1.6.10 now, but maybe something still isn't there?