MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something broke. ^_^... T_T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, my website is dead giving me a Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error. generic error after googling the only suggestions were to disable all plugins and turn off gzip.

So let me walk you through all my attempts to fix this.

Notes:
http://clanmn.net/admin/index.php?module...26eb5c9c30

This was the last thing I was doing before it went to orange, I was uploading a plugin. Then it hit max_connections limit, then just died. My php is working fine, as-well as everything else. I've been in-contact with my webhost, they won't help me with the software but they investigated and say there was nothing actually wrong with my server, my wiki and blog is working just fine.

I added the disable plugin script in init.php.
I moved all plugins out of the folder into a separate unrelated folder.
I checked my gzip settings, it was already set to 0.
I moved out all the files from my root folder in small amounts to see if I could get the error message to disappear, eg; misc, index, member, etc.
I renamed my folders to see if it was something inside one of them, I tried renaming admin, inc, etc. This probably would produce another error, at least thats what I was hoping but I was just trying to narrow down where the problem was.
I've checked admin logs, last thing it recorded me doing was changing the user style of a group.
[Image: MFBpQ.jpg]
I also in a last ditch attempt to fix this, upgraded from 1.6.9 to 1.6.10 and I actually thought it was going to work after the whole thing went without a hitch, but alas luck was not on my side and the exact same error came back after I fixed it.

But yeah, I'm extremely at a loss. I'll share my details with any reputable members of the community if you think you can fix this.

M helped me, turns out my webhost had gzip and zlib compression enabled even though I asked several times for them to disable it. They eventually escalated the issue and disabled it.