MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: some help with my theme please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to remove the line between user info and post because I put a box around user info and I think it would look better without the extra divider.
hopefully it is something simple.
Can you post a screenshot and point out exactly what you want removed? I am having a tough time figuring it out.
like this.
isn't that table bacground?
It would be easier to remove the line that "boxes" in the user info. To do that just remove the
<div id="author">
and respective
</div>
from the postbit template.
no, the box was added by me, because I am awesome.
we keep the box, ditch the line.
gotta keep the table bg so all the other lines stay.
how are you making the box? what about a border-right of the background colour?
This is fairly complicated...you may have to "float" your box and make the entire postbit one <td>.

I see no other way...remove the td around the member bit and make the td colspan=2.

That should be enough info to get you going.
mmm.... so the text would then wrap around the authorbox? that would exceed expectations dramatically.
edit, im not good with tables, I always do css, which is harder but better.
regardless, how would I make that from this?
this is my postbit template, the box div is in the user_details postbit template.
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" width="155" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
{$post['user_details']}
<br /> 
</td>
<td class="{$altbg}" width="100%" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}{$post['icon']}<span class="smalltext"><strong> {$post['subject']}</strong></span>
<br />
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
<p>
{$post['message']}
</p>
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
{$post['editedmsg']}
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" height="18" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
<td class="{$altbg}" width="100%" valign="middle" height="18">
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
	<tr valign="bottom">
		<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</span></td>
		<td align="right"><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}</span></td>
	</tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
ok i'm pretty close to success, but I need an overall content container and the quote div goes behind the author but the content does not... clear: left; drops it down below author.

http://wiifantastic.com/Argument-that-th...146-1.html
example thread with a lot of text.