MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using Mass Mail Function For 20 Messages Per Hour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have gone through lots of threads about Mass Mail usage together with the Task Manager Scheduled Tasks and still did not understand will the task be executed automatically or only when someone is accessing the board's frontend?

Also, since in my case the queue isn't getting executed properly on automatic base, i start to think there is some problem in the configuration.

My goal is to have a newsletter automatically sent out to all users (over 180) on demand, and i want to limit this process to 20 mails sent every 15 minutes. The current configuration is:

For Mail Queue
Per Page: 20

Scheduled Tasks Mass Mail
Time: Minutes: 10,25,40,55
Time: Hours: *
Time: Days of Month: *
Every week day and every month.

Is this configuration accurate?

Also as soon as I'll save the task with the option Delivery Date: Deliver immediately will the task start immediately sending out 20 mails every 15 minutes, or should i still visit the board frontend every 15 minutes for this task to keep running and sending chunks of 20 mails?

So far i noticed the task would send the first chink of messages only if i manually click the Run this task now button.

Thank you in advance.