MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Industrial Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.industrialforums.com/

This site is meant to be an industrial music fan site. I been listening to stuff like 242, kmfdm, throbbing gristle, and others for over 15 years now. I always wanted a forums and recently acquired this domain name.

The template is mostly complete. I may make other adjustments but so far I like it. I want to replace the small folder images still though.

Feel free to tell me what you think. Join if you are into the scene. I will be creating the seperate forum categories shortly.

Thank you.
I have no idea what kind of music that is, so I don't know what it "should" look like but just a quick glance:

The logo is hard to read for me. The wording has a foggy shadow back and to the right, while the little "gear" things are in 3d, clear, and up to the right. They don't match to me. Highlighting the header bar links gives a __ in the blank space before the words. I'm guessing that the words on the buttons look half eaten intentionally? The green writing for admin and the stars under your name in a post don't match with the rest of the theme IMO.

I do like the direction it's going, though. The white writing on that color background is pulled off well (which is hard to do IMO). This little thing looks good on the site: [Image: top_link.gif]
Black text on dark background doesn't work for me much Toungue
Yeah I was questioning the black text as well. I have changed it now to #d4d4d4 which I think works very well.

I also changed the star/rank image to that gear image.

The logo is appropriate for the type of site that it is. It's not an amazing logo but for now I think it will do. It's actually the same font as the buttons. It's something I found at dafont. The highlighting of the top-links creates a _ link only in Firefox..it's a problem with FF only so I am not gonna go nuts over it. There isn't a space in the actual template so the only thing I can do is add an abundance of code to correct it which I don't plan to do.

I think the whole thing is looking really sharp and thanks for the comments.
I just listen to tanz metal. I don't like the font color, it makes your eyes tired, but i even don't know what color to suggest (maybe a pale green?). Dafont is good, what about trying using a brick font?
I dislike the logo, the new thread icons, and postbit images(they are way to hard to read). Otherwise, not bad.