MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing 'hot threads' feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a man who likes simplicity. Anything that is unnecessary ends up being removed, to cut down on clutter and complexity for users. I find these 'hot threads' quite unnecessary. An admin-defined indicator of thread popularity seems rather silly. If a user wants to view a thread, they won't do it, because they see 'hot thread', but rather, because the thread name caught their eye and interested them.

So basically, how can I disable these? What I want to do is to completely disable this feature, and remove them from the legend at the bottom, which shows what thread icon means what.
Under forum display options you can set the requirements to be extremely high essentially disabling the feature.
But that wouldn't remove the hot threads from the legend, would it?
you can remove it manually through the template editor. The hot thread legend thing.
(2013-05-23, 12:13 AM)hiig Wrote: [ -> ]But that wouldn't remove the hot threads from the legend, would it?

No but does the fact it's still in legend even matter? I say just leave it be. And as stated you can remove it in template if it really bothers you.
Righty, I shall do that, then. Cheers.