MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WiiLoaded.com Reskinned for 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WiiLoaded.com has now been reskinned for 1.2.1, although this is still an "early" version as we rushed it out for the Nintendo Wii's launch. We have many, many more features due in the coming weeks.

The skin was designed by D4rkDrago0n (feel free to solicit him for some work after he's done with WL).

In addition to implimenting new features, he's also managed to reduce the queries necessary to view a page. Previously, we designed WiiLoaded without concern of optimizing, and ended up requiring 170 queries to output a 50 post thread. Once we started receiving loads of traffic (200+ people online at a time), we started slowing to a crawl. Now we can create that thread in 20 or less, which gives our poor VPS a break, allowing us to run with 200-300 without trouble, (although we are moving to a more powerful dedicated server this week to handle the increased flow of traffic).

WiiLoaded is the premium Nintendo Wii fansite, with a forum, news portal, live chat*, clan hosting*, friend code exchange*, gallery*, reviews, guides, and more! (*Updated and more integrated feature set coming soon)

WiiLoaded.com Forums
WiiLoaded.com News Portal

We'd love your feedback, and if you're somewhat interested in the Wii, feel free to join!
We started the new server migration last night, which is complete except that we are awaiting DNS propagation. We have the site running on a IP address until it fully propagates.
The layout is quite nice. The grey colours don't really appeal to me though (makes it look dead).
Colors are nice, clean and no hard edges. I have to disagree with DennisTT about the gray though. Nice job.
its very good man.. looks like your forum is growing very well to Smile
I tried loading your page a couple of times with the google ads and they always advertise the PS3. Maybe you need better targeted ads, even Amazon or something.

Also personally, I would not put an ad next to my logo. I would rather have it either above or below it because it takes away from your logo.
a nice theme although i would like a bit more colour.

offtopic: how did you get your forum stats in a sig image?
tyros8000 Wrote:offtopic: how did you get your forum stats in a sig image?

My designer created it based on MyBB Signature

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming. We like feedback to see the direction to take it for future revisions.
it looks very good
round corners are very innovative.
Coder Wrote:it looks very good
round corners are very innovative.

EDIT: Not certain what happend to my reply, but here it is:

Thanks, from what I hear, it is quite difficult to do. You should have heard D4rk cursing when MyBB released 1.2.
Pages: 1 2