MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clean up file cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I think I messed with a DB cache (changed a text manually on the db which myadmin ended up truncating the field) and now even if I change in the DB the value gets replaced by the wrong one. How can I reset the file cache so to not get the db cache replaced?
check if this thread has any guidance for the referred issue.
Not much, it mentions that you can delete the mybb_datacache folder which there isn't. The only I have is "cachehandlers".

Could some mybb developer add some light at how exactly the cache works and how to reset an especific one?
If it's about the file cache, it's stored as files in your cache/ folder.
(2013-05-23, 05:17 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If it's about the file cache, it's stored as files in your cache/ folder.

Hummmm, in that folder (mybb/cache) I have only an empty index file and a themes folder.

A question: why does the cache manager says it is empty when it has 319 bytes? I added the "bla" on the update and it went to 323.
My code is definitelly working, I added this echo below and the html appears correctly with more than 6000 bytes.

eval("\$topposts = \"".$templates->get("topposts")."\";");
	echo($topposts);
	$cache->update('topposts_table', "bla".$topposts);

why isn't updating the cache correctly?

Don't ask me how. I changed the name of the cache, then returned to the old name, and for some reason now it works :$

Task running?

Now my remaining problem is that when I run the task manually the table is generated fine, but when it runs through the schedule it returns only one thread, and a very old old one.
Is there any difference running manually or by the schedule?

Any clues?