MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any way I can add pictures from a mobile device?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But back on topic - what is the issue with the MyBB attachments and Mobile phones? What does not work? Has anyone tested the GOMobile solution for image uploading?
@Lee: It is a simple fact of phones not having the same setup as PCs . . . when you click browse for files, nothing will pop up because there isn't a hard drive there waiting to be displayed. I am probably saying it all wrong, but it just doesn't work the same.

Maybe phones that run on Windows can do it (idk never had one) but generally the rule is when you're on your phone you upload from an app to a image host and post the link . . .

I'd be really glad to hear there was a better way though . . .
Well the tapatalk plugin allows upload from phones. So hmmm. Does it add a new skin or just new functions?

Also, XThreads pic upload already supports the uploading from a link and it is GPL, so....
hehe maybe I need to do some research :p

I was just speaking from my personal usage so idk about all those you mentioned. We used GoMobile for a while but it just irritated my mobile users rather than assist-- I personally thought it was okay but I go with the crowd.

Time for me to take another look at a mobile solution though.
hi wildcard

I think your life is too complicated. :p
Well, it is a big interest for me to know if there is a way for the files etc to be shared from a phone via the MyBB upload system.

My adaptive theme is shuffling along nicely and it would be sad to not be able to upload images. Most of my users are pc users and I dont even have a phone to test, but I can try to move with the times.
I am doing research on impoving GoMobile's attachment functionality. Specifically on Android devices because nothing flies on iOS.

Just a attach > gallery > click a photo

type thing

An option for the time being would be to setup Dropbox on your mobile. On Android and iOS there is an option to have photos taken with the Camera app to automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. From there you can copy the public link and post it on your forum.
Pages: 1 2