MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox Add-on Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recent Posts Module Needed for Advanced Sidebox.

The "Advanced Sidebox" plugin is one of the best extentions available for MyBB. It's creator was nice enough to allow us to integrate other modules with the plugin. Has any developer came up with a way to integrate the recent posts modules with Advanced Sidebox yet?

Please advise me

Hmmm? What do you mean by 'recent posts'? There is 'latest thread' module which does what you want, I guess. If you don't have 'latest threads' module, make sure you uploaded whole package. The modules are in inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/modules, this one is named latest_threads.php
Yeah I'm with D6 on this one :s

How would 'Recent Posts' differ from 'Latest Threads'?

Oh and thank you for the compliments. Smile
I have the "new threads" function but I'm looking to display the new replies (a.k.a posts).

I think that having this module will engage more members in an ongoing discussion. The "new threads" module displays all new threads but only displays the last post (reply).

Thanks for helping out.

Replies are defined as "Posts"....thus the difference.

Thanks again.

That doesn't actually sound like a bad idea at all. Maybe a setting for how many posts to show? I don't think it would be complicated but I haven't tried it either.

Nice idea. If someone else wants to do it then I'd be tickled because I am in the middle of ASB 1.7 right this second and can't turn loose :p
You got it Wildcard...exactly what I've been searching for.
Took a while to realize I'm speaking with the creator. Brilliant job...the advanced settings makes it fully customizable. We'd really appreciate it if you developed this addition but I understand what a demanding project can be like.

This module will allow MyBB communities to be a bit more social. Activity feeds are the lifeblood of all networks.

Looking forward to a future upgrade.
Great Job
I am trying to complete (what I think is) a pretty cool addition to the plugin so I won't get it done soon, but your idea strikes me as an option that should be core so I will try to get it done at some point.

Keep in mind while you are thanking me that not only did the original idea not come from me, it didn't even come from Nayar-- I don't even know who did the template cache-editing things first tbh . . . and then this particular plugin has been my baby, but a lot of people have contributed ideas (like you did) and others have contributed code and their time to test.

It ain't all about me-- I just made this entire plugin so I could have a Who's Online list with avatars-- seriously. Big Grin The rest has just happened and I am not sure how :p

Cheers
@TDB added recent posts module to the core: http://community.mybb.com/thread-131633-...pid1012931