MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [how-to]setting initial coding in a new mybb 121
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm about to install a brand new copy of mybb and I'd like it to have
the coding that will enable my Hebrew charset properly. For example
windows-1255

my question is:
How to choose the above charset encoding prior to installation?
You can change it in inc/languages/yourlanguage.php I believe. I don't think it's possible to set it in the install without making a modification in install/resources/output.php
DennisTT Wrote:I don't think it's possible to set it in the install without making a modification in install/resources/output.php

can you please tell me if this means it wouldn't be set "windows-1255"- since that's what I need.... [?]
Try opening install/resources/output.php
Find:
</head>
Add the following just above the end of head:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<your charset>" />
hmmmmph.. It did work, but only in FF. Also, please look at the weird lettering shown
when using FF : ן»¿ [at the top of the page]

in i.e it appars as Chinese chars =[

link: http://kokonsh.orgfree.com/forum/index.php
Did you accidentally put something before <?php in one of the files you edited?
checking for extra insurance - no..

all the above does not matter, I just wanna find a solution for Hebrew- as it seems nothing makes it be shown properly, nothing which has been popping after 1.1.8

have you by any chance any idea please?
your forum doesn't seem to exist as this is what I see...

PAGE NOT FOUND

Free Subdomain And/Or Domain Hosting
200 MB+ Webspace - Unmetered Traffic - Fast & Reliable Servers - Instant Activation - Free Technical Support - One click Autoinstaller for phpBB board - Full FTP Access with FXP Support - PHP4 or PHP 5 (at your choice) with GD library and all important modules - Zend Optimizer - Ioncube Loader - MySQL Support (4.0 or 4.1 at your choice), One Database Per Account - SSI Support (Server Side Includes) - custom error page - preinstalled phpMyAdmin to Administer Your Database - Web-Based File Manager - Free Website Tools - All files allowed - Free Subdomain: yourchoice.orgfree.com or yourchoice.ueuo.com or yourchoice.6te.net - Free Hosting for already registered domains

...Read More

Free Subdomain Hosting Without Ads
50 MB Webspace - limited traffic - 100% NO ADS banners/popups/text-ads and so on - No restrictions!!! (e.g. file size, type) - Image Hotlink (direct access) allowed - Fast & Reliable Servers - Instant Activation - Free Technical Support - Full FTP Access with FXP Support - PHP 5.0.4 with GD and all important modules - SSI Support (Server Side Includes) - Web-Based File Manager - Free Website Tools - Free Subdomain: yourchoice.noads.biz or yourchoice.noads.de or yourchoice.noads.info or yourchoice.noads.ws

...Read More
there seems to be a problem with my account. BUt, plz note that the above solution did not help.