MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just installed MyBB, problems with admin login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I just installed MyBB in Thuggy.org, and I received my login credentials, but when I try to login everything is perfect, then, when my browser redirects me I appear as I guest.

When I login again, the same happens. I cannot login into my own forum.

What could be happening?

I'm 100% new in MyBB, thanks.
Looks like you've got nobody registered on your forum. Create a new account and then change your permissions on the database. In your database manager (e.g phpMyAdmin), go onto your database and click on the table mybb_users. The prefix might be different for your database.

Find your user and edit the field usergroup for your row. I'm not quite sure what the administrator group number is, but I'm guessing it's 4.
Or.. try going to: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

May help you.
Looks like a cookie problem to me. I just registered and it wouldn't log me in either. You'll have to edit the cookie settings in the settings.php file in the inc folder: /rootfolder/inc/settings.php.
(2013-05-24, 03:38 PM)Heartless Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a cookie problem to me. I just registered and it wouldn't log me in either. You'll have to edit the cookie settings in the settings.php file in the inc folder: /rootfolder/inc/settings.php.

Where? I have a lot of folders. Check this :p
Try re-installing it
(2013-05-24, 03:48 PM)Fel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-24, 03:38 PM)Heartless Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a cookie problem to me. I just registered and it wouldn't log me in either. You'll have to edit the cookie settings in the settings.php file in the inc folder: /rootfolder/inc/settings.php.

Where? I have a lot of folders. Check this :p

public_html/inc/settings.php

Make sure you type the cookie settings correctly by reading this thread from cover to cover carefully http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
(2013-05-24, 03:51 PM)Whoaranki Wrote: [ -> ]Try re-installing it

I just followed the post which Ryan said to me. Fixed now. Thanks to everybody Smile
Lol Destory666. I posted the same exact link.
The inc folder inside public_html. Not the one inside the admin folder.
Pages: 1 2