MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO giving 404 errors for friendly URLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Added the changes to .htaccess
Tried both with and without the base rewrite
Tried both with and without previously existing rules
Core files changed via Google SEO plugin

The links are modified correctly, but actually clicking a forum or link on the front-end results in a 404.

Any ideas?
None other than your rewrites don't work for some reason.
(2013-05-24, 05:11 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]None other than your rewrites don't work for some reason.

Well yea. That rewrites aren't working. I've got that much. So what is the solution?
(2013-05-24, 05:35 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]So what is the solution?

Dunno, go and read tea leaves or something.

It's impossible to help if the information you provide basically comes down to "it doesn't work". What's your site, what does your configuration look like, what's displayed on the plugins page? If rewrites on your site do not work in general you'll have to take it up with your server admin, otherwise you'll have to locate the mistake you've made and fix it.
(2013-05-24, 05:48 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-24, 05:35 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]So what is the solution?

Dunno, go and read tea leaves or something.

It's impossible to help if the information you provide basically comes down to "it doesn't work". What's your site, what does your configuration look like, what's displayed on the plugins page? If rewrites on your site do not work in general you'll have to take it up with your server admin, otherwise you'll have to locate the mistake you've made and fix it.

Great answer from the plugin developer. I haven't made any mistakes. I've followed your instructions to the letter and am not the only one having the same exact issue.

Maybe instead of being a grape, you could politely ask the questions you need answered so that I can get the needed help.

My configuration is standard. Nothing special about it. On the plugins page there's a ! next to the .htaccess mods even though I've added them.

Is it possibly because I'm on a host sharing several websites in the same package? In other words, this site isn't the base site. Is that possibly the issue?
(2013-05-24, 05:56 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe instead of being a grape, you could politely ask the questions you need answered so that I can get the needed help.

If you stopped being a dunce, you'd probably realize that's exactly what I did. Expect me to come over and pull it out of your nose, do you? Apparently you don't want any help.

(2013-05-24, 05:56 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]On the plugins page there's a ! next to the .htaccess mods even though I've added them.

Well, facepalm. It usually does that for a reason. And still you're withholding information. Why even bother to say if you're not going to add what exactly it's displaying there, and what your .htaccess looks like?

Fix it yourself, or don't use the addon, I don't care.
(2013-05-24, 06:21 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-24, 05:56 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe instead of being a grape, you could politely ask the questions you need answered so that I can get the needed help.

If you stopped being a dunce, you'd probably realize that's exactly what I did. Expect me to come over and pull it out of your nose, do you? Apparently you don't want any help.

(2013-05-24, 05:56 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]On the plugins page there's a ! next to the .htaccess mods even though I've added them.

Well, facepalm. It usually does that for a reason. And still you're withholding information. Why even bother to say if you're not going to add what exactly it's displaying there, and what your .htaccess looks like?

Fix it yourself, or don't use the addon, I don't care.

I gave information as to what I had tried and what the results were and your answer was "it doesn't work because something's wrong", Big Grin

Rather than politely asking the information you needed to assess the problem, you told me to go read tea leaves. The only thing I can figure is you're a complete grape tard, or you're piss drunk....Possibly both.