MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Approving new registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I've just installed mybboard after getting fed up of phpBB being a pain to hack, and it's perfect for me so far, but there's one thing I can't seem to find out how to do. I need to be able to check that only members of our organisation (a UK charity) can access our forum, so is there any way that I can recieve an email when a new member signs up and then approve or deny them, rather than having them automatically be sent an activation code?

Thanks Smile

Sarah
I don't think this is currently possible, at least, I haven't seen it.
I have an XMB hack that will do this (that I wrote) so I will look into writing one for MyBB. Smile
If that would be possible, huskysgrl, that would be great as other than that mybboard is perfect for our needs.

Even if you don't have time to do it could you point me in the direction of what I'd need to do? I can do a bit of (slightly messy!) hacking with PHP, just wouldn't know where to start!

Thanks Smile
Sarah
Well, you could either A) make a new table in the database for each member showing a Not Approved status or whatever, or you could make a new usergroup and have members automatically default to that group and if they are in that group they are not permitted to post, view, etc.

XMB doesn't use usergroups, which makes it slightly harder for XMB, but using the groups is probably the best way. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this by the end of the week for you. Smile
huskysgrl Wrote:Hopefully I'll be able to finish this by the end of the week for you. Smile

Thank you, I really appreciate your time and help! Big Grin
i would be intereseted in this feature too .... so ... is there any chance of gettin this with a new release?
In my forum my users dont get a reg email at all even though in the settings it sayz so Confused
Plz help
Is there a cure for this problem.
Any ideas why this is happening cause its been 3 months since my last post in this thread Toungue
Does your host allow you to mail through PHP?
Is your server setup to mail through PHP?