MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regarding Cloudflare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Most SSH configs I've used only allow access via IP anyway (and ideally it should be an IP you don't use to serve you sites from at all but reserved just for SSH).
(2013-05-25, 09:16 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Most SSH configs I've used only allow access via IP anyway (and ideally it should be an IP you don't use to serve you sites from at all but reserved just for SSH).

Maybe that's a cPanel thing, I always ssh [email protected]. A dedicated IP for SSH seems like a waste of an IP, better to just change the SSH port, use a firewall like ufw or iptables to whitelist IPs, and/or use key authentication with password access disabled.
Never used cPanel in my life, always just not minded paying the few extra dollars for a spare IP and backups with Linode. Using IP whitelisting isn't possible with my dynamic IP and I like to have more than one fail safe.
Using separate IP also helps if you're IP is blackholed from an attack. You can still login to your server. IMHO Every server should have at least 3 IPs.

Main IP
Public IP
Hidden/Backup IP
(2013-05-25, 07:18 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You should always just IP entry into FTP anyways. Don't even bother with an FTP DNS entry. It just tells people where your files are anyways.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks Smile .
Pages: 1 2