MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Under "Beginning the Upgrade", number 1 says to
Quote:Upload ALL of the files and folders inside the package (from inside the "Upload" folder if using the latest version/full package), including the ./install/ folder (if it exists), overwriting the existing copies of the files in your file system.

That overwrites any changes you have previously made to any similarly named files. Wouldn't that possibly cause your forum to change for possibly the worse?

Is is possible or is there a program that checks if there were any additional changes to a file besides the newly added one by MyBB? Like let's say the only changes to the file was the one made by the recent updates, then it will say no changes, but if the changes includes ones that you made, it will say that there were changes made.
I had upgraded my forum many times and not a single problem. Since you will replace a file, with files existing in the upgrade, the old files will be replaced, meaning, any modification you made to that files will dissapear. I don't tink templates get modified. Change for worse? No. Only if you had made LOT'S of modifications to your forum, anyway, it's rare. Mostly, you will have to switch plugins, if u have, off and on again, to make them work again, or/maybe you will find out some plugins don't work on the version you want to use...

For to see modified files you go in Admin Panel - Tools & Maintenance - File Verification i tink