MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to search entire MyBB database for specific IP address?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I have a serious issue where I need to find every MyBB account that has anything to do with an IP address.

The standard user find function in admin cp:
[attachment=29408]
Is a real pain with 3 separate entries and also sometimes doesn't find user by IP addresses as in the Show IP addresses report page.

Is there a plugin or is the a way to search MySQL where I can enter a single IP address and it'll will find every single user who has anything to do with that IP?

Also side question:
is there a plugin which will get a users MAC address and maybe real IP (not likely) or other computer details via the registration or login submission?
I've got a real big issue where I'm going to see an attorney to subpoena records against a person who is causing damages to my site and brand so I can sue their real person(s) for damages (I have an idea who it might be which lives in the same country).
I'm compiling a massive list of all alts and associates of this person but need some help leaving no stone un-turned for relevant data I can use in court.

So if you have dealt with similar issues and have a solution I'd very much like to read about it. I have since then only allowed Facebook registrations (FB keeps good records) and have requested a FB verified only option from Shade for his plugin (this will make it so only CC or phone verified Facebook users can register).

This is a huge priority so help will be greatly appreciated as I'm going to see an attorney right after memorial day.

I thank you for your time to read this MyBB community.

edited for typo
hi friends.

use this plugin : http://mods.mybb.com/view/ip-manager
It has bad reviews. Not recommended.
Thanks guy with the really long and unique name.
Hi Jam,
but that's Yaldaram's plugin, and he's one of the main MyBB plugin developers (I think he's made the most), I'll give it a try. He's a good plugin author.

I'm hoping for some advice on how to get more concrete data for use in situations like this either by discrete plugin or some methods I may not know about.
I've tested a lot of yaldarams plugins and more that 50% are badly written. But that's just my opinion of course.
(2013-05-26, 10:09 AM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]I've tested a lot of yaldarams plugins and more that 50% are badly written. But that's just my opinion of course.

I do value your opinion, thank you.
I PM'd some of my MyBB friends and well knowns about this thread,
hopefully some one has methods and/or solutions to share for situations like I'm facing now.
See Multiple Registrations Detector by Pirata Nervo. And for reference, here's how you can query the database for a specific IP address (replace 127.0.0.1 with whatever IP address you want to look for):

SELECT * FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `regip` = '127.0.0.1' OR `lastip` = '127.0.0.1'

You cannot, however, get the client's MAC address so easily, especially for already registered users. You can only really obtain the client's MAC address in a local network scenario. So bottom line is you probably won't be able to do this.
Thank you Fabio,
Does Show IP address options thats clickable when searching users display IPs more than just regip and lastip?

Somehow Show IP address shows extra IPs for some users that find user method in admin cp isn't finding at all.

About MAC addresses, I remember reading somewhere that CentOS servers can be setup to record MAC addresses of connections but I'm not sure if that's accurate (I could have sworn I saw MAC addresses in one of my server logs before). I also have read/heard that government agencies have the ability to get MAC address of computers connected to a specific IP. But again not sure if that's accurate. Just need something to find out the source computer information (MAC, computer spec, home network ip, etc) to get through these private VPNs that these people are using. I tried proxy blocking plugins but those end up doing more hurt then good and don't spot private VPNs. IP address and timestamps are just not enough when someone is behind a proxy or a couple of proxies.

Need help dealing with these E-Thugs that are DDoSing and doing invalid DCMA copyright trolling (we think it's formerly banned members doing this).
It's causing me a lot of problems that I don't deserve and is causing profit losses when trying to mitigate all this crap.
I would say to you I give up on this.

I think you would need a very expert in the network to solve this problem. since I saw you ask the user ip address from the root.

so far I have never seen to penetrate the software provider's network. everything is definitely stalled in ip operator network provider.
I had same problem running multiple queries so I just created a plugin that searches all usage of an IP. Also MyBB has a bug in their search so it doesn't pull up accurate results using the longipaddress. It's very unreliable. Sucks actually.

Sorry but I'm not sharing my plugin. You should be able to make it or have one made.
Pages: 1 2