MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Succesfull Login but No Cookie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi all,

Ok the forum i have installed allows users to login, says is ok but doesnt actually log them them..

I have read the WIKI on cookies and my cookie config is :

cookie domain: .tab-archive.com
cookie path : /forums/

The site is www.tab-archive.com and the forum url is http://www.tab-archive.com/forums/

Users used to be able to login, just stopped working.

Any ideas?
Many thanks,
Sir P
They may need to clear cookies made by your site first, then they should be able to log in again.
Hi Snak,

Tried that no such luck.

Any further ideas?

cheers,
sir p
Also as an update, it lets me login to the admin panel ...

Still need some help..

many thanks mybb
hi

as another update I have noticed something about the cookie..

the cookies expire date is 1970 :O could this be the problem?

Check the attached image, it is the cookie info ..

any help apperciated
cheers
Sir P
ah scrap all of what I just said, it sets an old date as it expires when browser closes that is ok... however I have now actually found the real issue..

I compared my cookie with the cookie set by this forum ... see the image ...

[Image: session1.jpg]

You will notice the NAME set by mybboard.net is 'mybbuser', the name being set on my cookie is 'sid' .... I changed 'sid' in the cookie to read 'mybbuser' and refresh the page and it showed me logged in no problems...

Now the question is; why is it putting the name as sid not mybbuser... and how do we fix this. I have tested across browsers and machines.

If support could get back to me that would be apperciated.

Many thanks,
Sir P
hi

is there no support for this matter?
cheers,

Sir p
You need both the sid and mybbuser cookie for MyBB to work correctly.

Every other support thread you've made makes me think that you are really running MyBB 1.2 not 1.2.1 (or an old buggy version of the files.)

Please make sure you're running the latest version of every file.
Thanks for the reply Chris.

I have checked in admin panel and it says 1.2.1
i only downloaded it from here about a week ago

Actual i have another issue now, if i try to access the board I get:
Quote:MySQL error: 1016
Can't open file: 'mybb_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145)
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_sessions WHERE sid='0' AND ip='82.32.41.235'

Says my session id is 0 so maybe this is the same issue?

cheers
sir p
Ok that was due to the table mybb_sessions being locked, I repaired the table and its working again.

Because I have merged the login onto every page of my site, my entire site went down with this error.,

Be interesting to know if the table getting locked was fault of mybb 1.2.1, surely it must have, nothing else uses it?

cheers,
ps: still have original login problem.
hi again

still got the original problem.. just wondering, how does admin login work? as that works fine ...

also, i downloaded again and uploading member.php but no change, what other files are used during login?

cheers all
Sir P Wrote:hi again

still got the original problem.. just wondering, how does admin login work? as that works fine ...

also, i downloaded again and uploading member.php but no change, what other files are used during login?

cheers all

I had the same issues! Did you check all of your tables? Trying repairing the ones that are bad...then try to login, then go back and check your tables again...are any of them damaged?

It's not the cookies that are an issue...it's something else...
hi rookie..

none of them show as in use... that only happened once. I can join up and login and none of them get damaged.

The reason I think it is a cookie problem is that i do not have a mybbuser cookie being created.

did you ever fix the issue?

cheers rookie Smile
sir p
Can you upload copies of your member.php as well as inc/functions.php?

Thanks,
Chris
Pages: 1 2