MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why all themes follow same default pattern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i see lots off themes who follow same default pattern over 80% why so??
in general, basic structure has to be taken from MyBB's stock theme. one cannot do a theme easily from scratch.
Because restructuring the base layout would require countless hours of additional work.
I think same is with vB and xF excluding few exceptions which are in MyBB too.
(2013-05-29, 05:50 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Because restructuring the base layout would require countless hours of additional work.

This. Themes that I've modified considerably past MyBBs stock theme have taken hundreds of hours to do and it gets extremely tedious.

(2013-05-29, 06:12 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I think same is with vB and xF excluding few exceptions which are in MyBB too.

And this. MyBB actually seems to have more unique themes than vBulletin, XenForo and IPB.
Yes, see themes like Candy, glowing neon, etc which you cannot realize at first which software this is. Many of the IPB and xF themes I've seen, I can easily recognize which board/forum software this is.
Firstly, I like your post for saying that you appreciate 20% of the MyBB theme effort.
Here is my opinion (assuming that you understand efforts involved in coding) on that rest of the 80%. Also, it would be extremely great if you had shared some info on enlightening us as to what you feel like 'unique pattern'/'outta pattern' to make the response simpler. Since you did not, I will share what I think.
1. As previously posted by 'REPUTED CODERS' (I mean it, these guys that replied to your post know what they do),what do you think these coders are achieving by spending 100's of hours besides selling a theme for $20? In any case, I don't mean that everyone is looking for something in return.
2. May be that 20% designed the style that you like and not the pattern?
not to be rude but what would you offer a designer that would provide a MyBB theme as per your desire of 'out of the box' theme?
Lastly, I agree with everything that Tecca said above.
yea but it is any tool who can convert any themes to fit in mybb, also 20$ for themes its not big thing and lots of people can buy it, but i see premium themes with linkin support site who not exist or not work.

also its possible to make default theme like this http://community.mybb.com/thread-140120.html no plugin no tut just upload like other themes
(2013-06-01, 08:04 AM)mostarac Wrote: [ -> ]also 20$ for themes its not big thing and lots of people can buy it, but i see premium themes with linkin support site who not exist or not work.

What I learned from some designers/mybb theme developers that, many are not interested in paying for a theme.