MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do I still need the "Login Password Conversion" plugin active?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About 3-4 years ago the forum was converted from phpbb to MyBB and we've been on MyBB ever since. We had some members before then when we were on phpbb.

I noticed this plugin in my Admin CP plugin manager but it's not active. Should it be active?

Thanks guys!

Wave Smile
there should be no need of it now.
Ok cool, I disabled it and stuff Smile
(2013-05-28, 05:57 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]there should be no need of it now.

Based on what?

Unless you're 100% sure all of your members have logged in since switching to MyBB, you need to keep it activated. Disabling it means any users which haven't logged in yet won't be able to login because their password will be invalid.
Quote:About 3-4 years ago the forum was converted from phpbb to MyBB
Quote:I noticed this plugin in my Admin CP plugin manager but it's not active
I do not feel one returns to forum after a couple of years - just my opinion.
of course, keeping the plugin active doesn't do any harm - it does not eat resources.
Quote:I do not feel one returns to forum after a couple of years - just my opinion.

We've had people returning here from as far back as 2005, probably earlier. It's not a good idea to suggest they should disable it without any information about their forum.
Oh I see, so it converts old passwords types to new ones permanently when the member logs in?

I'll re-enable it, as we have a lot of members! Smile

Thank you for the advice, Nathan!