MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked Out of ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently changed my account to "awaiting activation" to test something and when I did that, I was completed locked out of the ACP. Is there a way to fix this through FTP?
A shoot in the dark but maybe when you changed it to awaiting activation you got an email sent to you. Have you checked your inbox/junk to see if there is an email to reactivate your account?
(2013-05-29, 02:31 PM)Heartless Wrote: [ -> ]A shoot in the dark but maybe when you changed it to awaiting activation you got an email sent to you. Have you checked your inbox/junk to see if there is an email to reactivate your account?

I had my forums closed. So that is not possible.
if you have access to the database you can fix this... do you have db access Huh
(2013-05-29, 02:34 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]if you have access to the database you can fix this... do you have db access Huh

Yes, I do. Please go further into detail.
ok then... login to phpmyadmin and select the database corresponding to your forum

look for the table "mybb_users" and click it

it will list all users in the forum... look for your user id and click on edit...

now in this page look for the property "usergroup"

it should be set as 5 (for awaiting activation) change that to 4 (for admin)

and you are back again SmileSmileSmile
You can set your account as "Super Admin", then it shouldn't matter what group you're in, you should have full access.

Access the config.php file in the "inc" folder, and find:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Your UID should be 1, but if not, you can add more, like this:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,20,302';

Going forward though, you should create separate test accounts.

Also noting, don't go making just anyone a "Super Admin", that's ability only the forum owner(s) should have.
(2013-05-29, 02:42 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]You can set your account as "Super Admin", then it shouldn't matter what group you're in, you should have full access.

Access the config.php file in the "inc" folder, and find:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Your UID should be 1, but if not, you can add more, like this:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,20,302';

Going forward though, you should create separate test accounts.

Also noting, don't go making just anyone a "Super Admin", that's ability only the forum owner(s) should have.

My UID is 1 and it is set to one, but I am still kicked out. Any idea if Google SEO has anything to do with that? If not, I have no idea.
+ Sign up for a new account
+ Access phpmyadmin > Database of your forum > mybb_user > edit the "new account"
+ Remember uid of the account > for example, is 2
http://i.imgur.com/BkZ8dxUl.jpg
+ set this account to the group 4
+ edit file config.php and fine: $config['super_admins'] = '1'; replace to $config['super_admins'] = '1,2';
=> you have a new admin account and use it to grant administrator rights granted for the old account
Thanks for the help.