MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions Regarding Cloudflare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have some questions regarding CF, if someone can clear them.

1. After installing CF, does the data start storing on CF server?

2. Is there any difference between data stored on CF as well as original NS?

3. Does the original NS stop storing data when CF starts?

I'm asking these because I installed CF on a demo MyBB Board, 5 days ago. And, today when I switched back to my own NS and browsed my forum, I noticed that it reverted back to the data I had 5 days ago. So, can someone clear me?
CloudFlare works as a reverse proxy. Try clearing your cache. CloudFlare handles your DNS, it won't affect any of your forum data.
I tried Nathan. I'm still getting data from 5 days back.

Even the files have disappeared from FTP and everything is from 5 days ago.
Then it won't be related to CloudFlare. CloudFlare can't touch your filesystem. Try and see if your host has restored a server backup.
My host say that it's not from their side.
But cloud flare isn't a host. It doesn't store data, it just caches static content for visitors. Any forum data is passed through to your actual host. Your host must have deleted some content, and then restored it.
(2013-05-29, 07:14 PM)Jimmy M. Wrote: [ -> ]My host say that it's not from their side.

Two words: Hosts lie.
When you say "Data" do you mean images or templates or database stuff like posts/threads?

Cloudflare has settings for cache aggression levels. Check what you have them set at.
(2013-05-30, 02:12 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "Data" do you mean images or templates or database stuff like posts/threads?

Cloudflare has settings for cache aggression levels. Check what you have them set at.

Yes. I meant database and stuff. But, no cache would allow signing into a fully functional AdminCP. Would it?
(2013-05-30, 02:30 AM)Jimmy M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-30, 02:12 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "Data" do you mean images or templates or database stuff like posts/threads?

Yes. I meant database and stuff. But, no cache would allow signing into a fully functional AdminCP. Would it?

Ugh...no.

Are you sure you understand what Cloudflare does? Cloudflare is NOT a host.
Pages: 1 2