MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internet Explorer login issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm using ModernVB Theme but sadly no one using IE can login. It's doesn't seem to be a cookie issue (already tried twice)

This is my w3 valifator links that doesn't look at all:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=hw.pe&...ne&group=0

Got another problem too when I updated from 1.6.9 to 1.6.10:
My alerts plugin works but don't pop up anymore. This is a minor issue.
I have never seen so much JS in one page :Big Grin

If the issues are only showing on that theme then it is a theme issue, not a MyBB 1.6 issue. Can you login using MyBB default theme?
Last time we tried, MyBB default theme was ok. We could login.
I have no idea which theme that is, but looking at your links and the red and black theme there, that is a HUGE amount of javascript and it does look a bit messy; tidying up the code and then ensuring that all pieces are working as expected will help; you may also need to check if any custom scripts you are using are supported in IE.
I'm using ModernVB as I said. I'll keep trying...
So it is the black and red one. The problem is most likely the javascript. I seems prototype is not loading?
and how do I know is prototype is not loading?
Is anything else broken on that theme?

Does your text editor work? Can you use inline moderation options? Does the quick edit function on threads work? All of those are Prototype powered javascript.
Yes. All works but when updated, quick reply didn't work so I needed to do do a quick edit.
Ok, is this all versions of IE or just IE7?
Pages: 1 2