MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox MySQLi error: 1050 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i tried to install the shoutbox again i got following error message:
MySQLi error: 1050
Table 'mybb_shouts' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE `mybb_shouts` ( sid smallint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', message text NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`sid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM

this is since upgraded to mybb 1.2 but i don't know how to fix that.
can anyone please help me with that?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
tia
My guess is it's saying the shouts table already exists. So maybe try deleting the table, and activating the plugin again?
I got that same error, but when I went into the database, the table wasn't there. It's actually the reverse. You need to go in and create the shouts table, then deactivate the plug in and then reactivate it...should work. At least it did for me! Smile
forgive me my noobieness. but which table are you talking about??
i'm new to this so right now you need to give me some more detailed info please please
are you talking about the shoutbox.php in the root folder of my ftp??
What version of the shoutbox are you using? the 2.x beta version?
Yes, that is the major question that needs to be answered first.  Are you using the new version of shoutbox that works with mybb 1.2?  If not, then delete the old plugin and upload the new one. If you are using the most recent version, you'll need to go into PhpMyadmin and see if mybb_shouts table exists in your database.  If it does, then try deactivating and then reactivating the plug in.  If the table isn't there, you'll need to create the table using a query and then deactivate and reactivate the plugin.  Of course this will only work if you ARE using the updated shoutbox plug in.

EDIT: OK, I looked at my support request, when I had the problem with the shoutbox. Mine was a 1051 error, saying that the shouts table was unknown. Different than what you're having, but it's probably similar in that you need to go into your database and delete it if it's there or create it if it isn't and then deactivate and reactivate the plugin. That seems to fix most of the problems! Sorry about that! Big Grin
judel Wrote:Yes, that is the major question that needs to be answered first. Are you using the new version of shoutbox that works with mybb 1.2? If not, then delete the old plugin and upload the new one. If you are using the most recent version, you'll need to go into PhpMyadmin and see if mybb_shouts table exists in your database. If it does, then try deactivating and then reactivating the plug in. If the table isn't there, you'll need to create the table using a query and then deactivate and reactivate the plugin. Of course this will only work if you ARE using the updated shoutbox plug in.

sorry for not telling earlier.
But yeah i'm using the latest version, 2.0.

so i have to login to my ftp and search for the file mybb_shouts??
sorry for the noobie question, but until now i never ran into problems with anything.
no, this has nothing to do with ftp. You have to log into your mysql database. You had to do this when you set it up for mybb, so you should know how to do this. Look through the tables to see if _shouts exists. It will be mybb_shouts, unless you changed the prefix *mybb* to something else.
thanks for all the input and the help it's appreciated, and i got it to work now Big Grin Big Grin