MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reverse shout order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I reverse the shouts in Shoutbox 2.0? As in put the newer posts at the top instead of the bottom.

Also, how do I remove the redirection page after posting a shout. I want it so when a member clicks Add Shout, it will just refresh the shoutbox and add their shout.
If you want it to look like this http://forums.redshadows.eu/index.php then pm me, and i will upload the shoutbox.php file so u can replace urs. It will reverse the shout order, put the time and date in front of the shouts and refresh the shoutbox when someone shouts.
Well, I want to keep the 1 shout per line formation (as it appears all messy in Firefox, but appears fine in IE7 Confused). But I want to reverse the shout order and want the shoutbox to refresh when someone shouts.
Weener Wrote:How can I reverse the shouts in Shoutbox 2.0? As in put the newer posts at the top instead of the bottom.

Also, how do I remove the redirection page after posting a shout. I want it so when a member clicks Add Shout, it will just refresh the shoutbox and add their shout.

I would like to reverse the order too.
Hey, Sye! Why don't you just attach your version here, so we can all take a look? I have the shouts reversed, but it messes up when there is more than two pages. I notice you have them all in one page, so I'm curious if that's how you worked around the problem. I was hoping that MusicalMidget could find a way around that, but so far no luck! Big Grin
Can anybody help with this?
Bump ^
Go into your admin controls and expand the following

Forum controls > Template Manager > Global Templates

Scroll down to Shoutbox_shout and click edit

Replace

<tr>
<td  align="left"><small>{$shout['username']}<b>{$shout['message']}{$options}</b></small></td>
</tr>

With

<tr>
<td  align="left"><small>{$shout['username']}<b>{$shout['message']}{$options}</b></small><br></td>
</tr>

This should fix the messy display in firefox
Thanks, could you please upload your shoutbox.php so I could replace it with mine?
i second that, it would be really cool!!
Pages: 1 2