MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Upload issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive never had this issue before, but after a fresh install on a new site, i cant seem to get a new a theme to upload..same error

MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

Ive tried themes im currently using on other sites, ive tried themes that are recommended thru my back-end, ive tried the latest themes added to MYBB the website..Each time i get that error..Even when i punch

Ignore Version Compatibility

Nothing...Any insight or links you guys could provide would be great

Thanks
can you upload attachments with posts in your forum without any issues ?
yes i can
check if files and folders have correct access permissions. this report is visible at bottom of tools & maintenance section (in admin panel)
All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings.
how are you uploading the theme - are you using the zip file ? see this theme installation guide
i download from MYBB then upload ZIP, we have used FTP, separate files depending on theme..Ive had roughly 8 different MYBB forums up over they years and this is the first time we have had a issue
^ so you are sure that you were trying to import xml file & MyBB reporting that it could not find the theme
im uploading in the same manner as Ive done 20 times before..im a theme tangerine and like changing themes..

The only thing different now then before, is ive gone from shared hosting to my own server but dont see how that could affect anything