MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Incorporate some SMF in to wonderful MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB is wonderful; however, it is missing some things that SMF has that I believe is necessary to improve MyBB.
Here they are:
  1. Display Multiple Usergroups in postbit.
  2. Deny Permissions - Yes, No, and Deny.
  3. Ability to use RegEXP to make sure a password is strong (an improvement over SMF's dropdown box.

If I think of anything else, I'll notify you!
What's the difference between No and Deny?
(2013-06-01, 03:53 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference between No and Deny?

That's what I'm wondering.
(2013-06-01, 03:59 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-01, 03:53 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference between No and Deny?

That's what I'm wondering.

Me too.
It's like phpBB's system, you can assign a permission of Yes, No, or Never.

Yes grants it, No denies it. A Never overrides a No, which overrides a Yes. It's useful for inherited permissions.
(2013-06-03, 12:02 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]It's like phpBB's system, you can assign a permission of Yes, No, or Never.

Yes grants it, No denies it. A Never overrides a No, which overrides a Yes. It's useful for inherited permissions.

And now I am confused. It's like "Opposite Day" again.
(2013-06-03, 12:06 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a former team member of phpbb can explain it better.

That does indeed explain it far better Toungue.
Deny as in, it overrides a yes; currently, yes's override no's, so this would solve it.
yes = yes permission
no = no for one permission
deny = infinite no override

This is actually semi-useful because MyBB has a "YES" permission. It takes just one "yes" and that member has permissions. In the "deny" scenario it takes just one "deny" and it's a "no" permission set no matter how many "yes" permissions the member has in his groups.

It's actually something I will agree with OP on this.

Quote:Display Multiple Usergroups in postbit.

A simple plugin can accomplish this. I don't see how it should be a core feature.

Quote:Ability to use RegEXP to make sure a password is strong (an improvement over SMF's dropdown box.

A plugin could do this as well.

The permission thing is definitely something you could not do with a simple plugin though.